Preston based MJH Accountants are an expanding firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers. MJH Accountants provide bespoke Accountancy and Taxation services to individuals, sole traders, partnerships, Limited Companies and Charities, locally, nationally and internationally!
At MJH Accountants we pride ourselves on our expertise, professionalism, adaptability and dynamism and we are currently looking for an experienced payroll clerk to manage the firm’s payroll service provision.
If you’re looking for an exciting new role, flexible around your needs and one which will allow you to manage your own work flow and clients, please send your CV to email@example.com
Hours: 20 hours per week
Starting salary: £22,000 per annum pro-rata = £11,000 p.a.
Place of work: MJH Office
Process all payrolls from start to finish:
- Process payroll changes including starters, leavers, parental and sickness pay
- Process payroll data from clients and manage the client throughout the pay cycle
- Audit and check payroll for accuracy
- Report processing and sending reports and payslips to clients
- Produce BACS payment schedule and forward to client
- Liaise with client and dealing with salary queries
- Completing monthly / annual pension returns
- Dealing with queries with pensions administrators / HM Revenue & Customs
- Processing forms P45 / P46 / P6 / P9 / P11D and P11d (b)
- Processing and calculating statutory payments such as SMP, SSP etc.
- Ability to manually calculate pro-rata payments such as holiday pay, hourly/daily rates of pay etc.
- Monitoring and maintaining procedures.
- Monitoring multiple deadlines such as pensions, payrolls, HMRC etc.
- Actively contributing to team meetings
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of statutory legislation
- Signing off checklist, ensuring timely payroll processes within the department
- Ability to work within a team
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Assisting the team
- Report writing within payroll software
- Assisting other team members to resolve PAYE/NIC queries
- Assisting other team members to resolve complex client queries
- Drafting procedures
- Liaising directly with HMRC to resolve queries
If, like us, you are driven to providing excellent customer service with competence and proficiency take a look at the skills that you will require to become part of our team.
|Grade B GCSE or above (or equivalent) Maths and English and Grade C GSCE or above (or equivalent) over a variety of subjects||E|
|Computer literacy, including Word, Excel, email and internet||E|
|The ability to work as part of a team||E|
|The ability to work with minimum supervision, using own initiative||E|
|Excellent communication skills||E|
|Good interpersonal skills||E|
|Excellent telephone manner||E|
|Excellent organisational and time management skills||E|
|Full UK Driving licence and access to vehicle||D|
Key E = Essential; D = Desirable
14th December 2018
To apply for this exciting position, please forward your current C.V. with a covering letter to:
Mark James Hall
MJH Accountants Limited
129 Woodplumpton Road