VACANCY – 2 Year Business & Admin
129 Woodplumpton Road, Fulwood, Preston PR2 3LF
01772 721704 ‖ www.mjhaccountants.co.uk
Preston based MJH Accountants are a rapidly expanding firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers. MJH Accountants provide bespoke Accountancy and Taxation services to individuals, sole traders, partnerships, Limited Companies and Charities, locally, nationally and internationally!
At MJH Accountants we pride ourselves on our expertise, professionalism, adaptability and dynamism. Mark Hall, Managing Director of MJH Accountants, is looking for the right person to complement and enhance our current team membership.
We will offer you on the job training and an opportunity for you to hone your skills, which will help you in your future career.
If you are looking for a 2 year Business & Administration apprenticeship, and you would like to work for an up and coming company who are going places, then continue reading.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £8,775 per annum
Place of work: MJH Office and at Clients’ premises when required
• To ensure that all clients, suppliers, contractors and other visitors are made to feel welcome whilst on the premises or on the telephone
• To ensure that the office building (both internally and externally) is clean, tidy and welcoming for clients
• Some cleaning duties may be delegated or contracted to third parties with the consent of the Managing Director
• To ensure that stocks of stationery, cleaning products, newspapers, journals and client / staff refreshments are maintained and re-ordered when necessary
• To ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is appropriately logged, authorised by management, processed and filed accordingly and in particular to outgoing mail, is adequately franked and posted by close of business on the same day
• To ensure that fee agreements are renewed on a timely basis, mandates sent off to the bank, repeating invoices setup and agreements filed
• To assist the Managing Director in overseeing the firm’s Social Media marketing strategy and ensure that the Social Media policy is followed
• To set up files, produce engagement letters, service schedules, fee agreements and HMRC authorisations for new clients
• To process and file all internal sales / purchase invoices and statements once authorised and coded by the Managing Director
• To liaise with other staff and respond to any concerns they may have, reporting them to the Managing Director where appropriate
• To manage the firm’s Health and Safety policy and ensure any accidents are appropriately recorded and reported
• To assist the Managing Director in Practice development and obtaining new clients
• To pursue late payments from clients where necessary
• To complete any other tasks as requested by the Managing Director.
If, like us, you are driven to providing excellent customer service with competence and proficiency take a look at the skills that you will require to become part of our team.
Person Specification: Key E = Essential; D = Desirable
|A Level (or equivalent) qualified||D|
|5 GCSEs A – C including Grade B GCSE or above in Maths and English||E|
|Computer literacy, including Word, Excel, email and internet||E|
|The ability to work as part of a team||E|
|The ability to work with minimum supervision, using own initiative||D|
|Excellent communication skills||E|
|Good interpersonal skills||E|
|Excellent organisational and time management skills||E|
|Full clean driving licence, with access to a car||D|
To take this exciting step forward in your accountancy career, please forward your current C.V. with a covering letter for the attention of Mark James Hall, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org